My client is a highly reputable, privately owned regional contractor that are looking for a Site Manager to lead and manage the site activities, and work in a safe profitable, planned manner to achieve the programme and deliver a quality product and service in accordance with company requirements and legislation. In doing so, satisfying the Client's expectations and maximising the financial return to our business. To develop and maintain positive relationships, and to promote and protect the company reputation whilst remaining customer focused and in line with Company policies and values.
They are highly ambitious with good margins and are backed at group board level to develop the new build residential business. Essentially, my client are looking for a new addition that has experience of running projects. Understanding of planning and programming. An understanding of the EDF and CVC. Customer relationship management. Wide range of construction techniques and technology. Thorough understanding of HSEQ on site including legislation. Some experience of mentoring and coaching staff.
You are RESPONSIBLE (this is where you are responsible for doing or be delegated to) for;
- The mobilisation, Project planning, accurate monitoring and reporting on Site activities including supply chain activities on site
- Working with the SHE team to ensure all necessary documentation (such as an F10) and the site set up / welfare facilities are appropriate and in place in a timely manner - to ensure a smooth start n site.
- Lead on all matters Health and Safety on site (supported by the SHE team) - ensuring a safe working environment for everyone passing or entering the site.
- Leading all pre-start meetings with sub-contractors - ensuring their RAMs are fit for purpose
- Review all survey detail for the site - ensuring all necessary detail is in place to support eh proposed development.
- Establishing and ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, to include statutory and contractual compliance
- Prelim cost expenditure
- Work closely with eth scheme QS to manage the supply chain / drive efficiency savings and produce monthly reporting information / forecast- that are accurate and timely
- Achieving an effective handover
- Defects management and clearance
- On site customer relations
- Staff management on site
- Risk management
- The ability to produce, read, understand, and implement Contract/Construction/Short Term programmes
- Understanding and communicating Drawings and Technical Specifications
- Control of all costs in line with targets/expectations
- Produce complete scopes of work for sub-contract packages
- Managing the supply chain, direct employees and consultants - creating the right working environment to avoid disruption of trades.
- Personal responsibility to make things happen
- Considerate constructors/learning skills plans... along the lines of producing/implementing these.
- Supply chain costs incurred
- Supporting other company activities
- Sharing knowledge and best practice
- Continuous improvement
- Maximising profitability
- Training, teaching and mentoring other members of staff as appropriate
- Behaving in a manner which sets an example to others and promotes a positive attitude and environment
CSCS card (relevant)
First Aid Certificate