Interim Health and Safety Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our top clients for an Interim Health and Safety Manager. The Health and Safety manager will be providing support to one of the central London councils whom are currently going through a very exciting re organisation. The role of Health and Safety manager will have the potential to go perm as well if the candidate is the right fit.
* Provide strategic health and safety support to strategic directors, managers and staff, ensuring awareness of and compliance with statutory legislation, corporate and departmental health and safety policies and procedures.
* Act as the competent person providing professional advice, guidance, support and assistance to all stakeholders and work within the framework and principles of the Council's health and safety management system.
* Promote and drive continuous improvement on health, safety and wellbeing of staff throughout the department in order to reduce incidents and lost days and support stakeholders in the development of a culture that fosters an atmosphere of openness and transparency.
Desired Knowledge/ Qualifications
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of current organisational health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice, policies and procedures applicable to local authorities
* A degree or IOSH Diploma in health & safety or equivalent qualification
* Accredited Quality Safety Auditor
* Practical understanding of health and safety issues pertinent to the department
* Knowledge of occupational health and behavioural based safety