£281.12 - 281.12 per day
6 months ago
Our client is currently looking for an End of Year Account to join the team in order to assist with all aspects of Financial Accounting for the end of year close process.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Finance and Accounting background with experience in the End of Year close process.
- Collaborate with both financial and non-financial staff to ensure the production and delivery of accurate 2020/21 Management, Financial and Statutory accounts.
- Review and streamline Year End processes and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing specific Statutory notes.
- Assist in delivering all Statutory disclosures (all text in support of financials).
- Ensure that the Statutory accounts adhere to FRS 102 and the Housing Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP).
- Perform analytical review on the Statutory accounts and maintain the audit trail.
- Review Group cash flows.
- Assist with initial tax queries from our tax advisers.
- Assist in the production and analysis of the Value for Money (VfM) statement.
- Assist in compiling key performance indicators to support the narrative in the Annual Report.
- Identify and implement improvements to the Year End financial close process.
- To be a primary point of contact and support on all financial accounting matters for the Finance Manager - Financial Accounting.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to corporate objectives..
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of the principles of financial accounting and financial statements, e.g. FRS102.
- Good understanding of relevant legislation and accounting principles for Housing Associations, e.g. SORP.
- Qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent post graduate accounting qualification, with three years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of Agresso Accounting system advantageous but not essential.
- Highly numerate and computer literate with strong Microsoft skills covering Word and Excel.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.