£150 - 200 per day
5 months ago
The Tunnel Site Shift Engineer is responsible for technical and engineering aspects of the Tunnel construction, which may include Primary Lining, Waterproofing and Secondary Lining Works.
The Tunnel Site Shift Engineer helps to create an efficient working environment, keeps production costs low and helps maintain employee morale.
- Advise on the preparation of start of shift safety briefings and constantly monitor safety.
- Carry out Profile control using a total station and the Amberg system. Resolve any technical issues in maintaining the profile.
- Ensure works on site are carried out safely with due regard to the protection of the workforce, public and the environment.
- Report all construction issues to the Sub-Agent/Shift Manager.
- Ensure all works are constructed efficiently, to the required quality and in accordance with the required contract programme.
- Ensure all certificates, assurance and compliance certificates are generated and collated.
- Prepare and review Method Statements and ITP’s.
- Manage effective use of materials and control of waste.
- Carry out inspections as required by ITP’s. Carry out compliance checks as indicated by the ITP’s.
- Liaise with Tunnel Sub-Agent, SCL Inspectors and SCL Design Engineers.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.