£18k - 20k per year + Package
about 1 month ago
Trainee Quantity Surveyor (Planned Maintenance) - Social Housing Contractor - Permanent - Bracknell - Up To £20k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join a main social housing maintenance contractor based in Bracknell. The role will be to work on planned decent homes contracts covering a mixture of external & internal maintenance such as roofing, windows, fabric repairs, cyclical decorations and kitchen & bathroom replacements. My client are looking for enthusiastic candidates currently in college studying a relevant quantity surveying qualification and keen to pursue a career as a Quantity Surveyor.
To begin with typical duties will be to manage sub-contractors including variations, valuations, sub-contractor payments, assist with CVR's, issuing payments etc.
- Prepare monthly valuation reports.
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
My client is a main social housing maintenance contractor operating throughout the UK. They have a large portfolio of contracts with a number of local authorities. Down to growth within the business they have a very exciting Assistant QS position available offering a highly competitive salary along with career training, tuition sponsorship and career progression.
- Must be working towards or hold a HNC or BSc in Quantity Surveying
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years experience as an Assistant QS
- Ideally have experience in Schedules of rates
- Must have confident communications skills.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.