£21k - 23k per year + Package
3 months ago
Position: Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Property Service – Maintenance- Roofing
Salary: £21,000- £23,000 + Package
My client, an industry leading building contractor that specialise in the housing and education sector provide an inception to completion service and then cyclical maintenance are on the look for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join the business due to continuous growth from a new contract that will be running for the next five years focusing on roofing maintenance. The main purpose of the role is to support the Senior Quantity Surveyor in their duties and in time, taking more responsibilities and duties on. This role will suit either someone already undertaking a related degree (Day release for example) or someone that wants to start this route.
Potential Responsibilities and duties:
- Work within a team of Quantity Surveyors reporting to the Senior Commercial Surveyor in an effective manner to ensure all critical deadlines are met, specifically submission of valuations, submission of supporting information to allow the assembly of CVRs, cash flow forecasts & updating our procurement schedule all in accordance with deadline schedules set by your line manager.
- Support in the procurement of subcontractors and produce an accurate and complete subcontract order which ensures commercially advantageous rates and encompasses all main contract and client contract conditions.
- Once appointed you will support in the ongoing account management assessments of applications for payment from our supply chain.
- Regularly check subcontractors work, help agree valuations and produce payment certificates, in accordance with sub-contract conditions.
- Help monitor labour and material costs and assist in the managing of these costs to ensure profitability is maintained.
- To liaise with the site and project managers to ensure maximum efficiency of working methods and material procurement.
- Visit site and prepare regular external valuations ensuring all variations and additional works are incorporated and reach agreement with the client’s representative as to the value.
- In time you will learn to undertake a pre-survey works and accurately price works for onward transmission to
- Cost Consultant or Client. Substantiate submission with Cost Consultant if necessary.
- To assist site and project managers in the identification and recording of variations.
- To attend contract meetings both internally, with our clients and with sub-contractors as required.
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.