£14k - 17k per year
020 3176 4790
4 months ago
Trainee Contract Manager
Location – Sidcup Office
Salary – 14,000 – 17,000
Requirements - Driving license - Own vehicle if under 25
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide assistance and support to the contract managers in the pricing of tender invitations and in ensuring the effective management of contracts awarded.
Summary of Responsibilities and personal duties:
1) Ensure that the requirements of CDM are complied with as they apply to the work activities undertaken by the company. Assist in preparing where necessary pre-construction and construction phase health and safety plan and provide effective communication and liaison with supervisors, forepersons, company safety officer client and Clients.
2) Ensure as far as is reasonably practicable that any variations to work content are sufficiently addressed by revised risk assessments, method statements and amendments to health and safety plan.
3) On completion of works ensure that health and safety file is compiled, and all relevant information forwarded to the client.
4) On behalf of the Contract Manager attend site, alongside client or supervisor, to inspect or review works.
5) Assist contracts manager during the tendering stage by visiting site to view works, taking photos and or measurements, attempting to spot price. Identify other relevant issues by making notes i.e. condition of surfaces, access requirements access problems.
6) Attend meetings with client on behalf of Contract Manager taking relevant notes to ensure effective communication.
7) Attend college and/or undertake any training relevant for the post.
8) Maintain accurate record systems particularly in respect of priced contract specification. Including: re-producing prices onto excel spread sheet, pricing and recording all client contract instructions onto excel spread sheet for contract valuations. Provide management information as and when required.
9) Ensure that rates negotiated for works carried out by sub-contractors include all necessary safety requirements and that sub-contractors provide appropriate risk assessments and method statements for works.
10) On completion of works assist in the completion of contract performance assessment sheet covering the following:
- Financial performance
- Sub-contractor performance
- Review health and safety file for compliance.
- Communication: Provide good, clear, precise communication to all contacts, both internal and external, on all aspects of the service provided.
- IT skills and knowledge: Have a good knowledge of in-house computer systems. Regularly update systems to ensure accurate data is held and available as and when required, assist in the development of I.T systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- Health & Safety: Comply with company SHEQ policy & legislation and ensure good practice in own work area. As applicable, ensure that any reporting staff are fully aware of the policy and legislation and comply with it accordingly during the course of their day to day duties.
- Environmental: To be aware of the environmental aspects and impacts relevant to your role and comply with any relevant environmental legislation. If applicable be responsible for also ensuring compliance by reporting staff and understanding the environmental impact associated with their position.
- Flexibility: The over-riding need is to provide an economical and commercially viable organisation, which is responsive to the needs of our clients, customers and other AD staff members. The post holder will be expected to take a flexible approach to his/her duties and to assist in covering for all aspects of work as required in order to promote the general wellbeing of the group.
- Responsibilities towards Quality management: Assist with all aspects of the Quality management system. Ensure that all Quality standards and procedures are adhered to and that paperwork control is within the guidelines of the current Quality management system manual.
- Equal Opportunities: To understand and work within our Equal Opportunities policy, ensuring that the working environment is fair and consistent. If applicable ensure that staff reporting to post holder are also fully aware of, and comply with, the companies’ Equal Opportunities policy.
- Internal Contacts: Can include Directors, Functional Support Staff and Project Delivery staff.
- External Contacts: Can include Clients, Tenants, Leaseholders, Residents and Resident organisations, Statutory Authorities and Sub-Contractors.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.