£12 - 13 per hour
020 3176 4790
over 1 year ago
Resident / Tenant Liaison Officer – Decent Homes
Salary: £12 – 13 PH
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 17:00pm
The role of the Resident / Tenant Liaison Officer (RLO) is a vital one. For many residents the RLO is the first person they will meet from the company.
The RLO facilitates the smooth running of projects by building and maintaining positive relationships to ensure effective liaison between the residents, sub-contractors, client representatives and the team.
Main Duties / Accountability
- Ensure implementation of all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Develop effective working relationships with client representatives including housing department to reduce duplication and ensure consistency of information and approach keeping tenants fully informed with regard to the programme.
- Assessing where high risk/vulnerable residents are present and ensuring Site Manager (SM) tailors works according to the risk level.
- Visit each resident prior to work commencing to introduce and communicate the scope of works.
- Establish resident's individual requirements by carrying out an initial resident profile, documenting any points discussed and tailoring individual communication plans accordingly. Work with site staff to implement effective practices.
- Carry out a property condition survey and appliance survey with photographs with the Resident before works start in the home.
- Create and maintain plot files (both paper and electronic).
- Liaise with site management staff to enable the flow of information between all parties.
- Where appropriate, consult with resident representatives and groups, arranging meetings to communicate the programme, get feedback and discuss any other locally significant issues with Senior Resident Liaison Officer and Community Investment Team.
- Arrange appointment for surveys and works.
- Ensure letters are sent out confirming all survey and work dates.
- Manage complaints in line with our complaint's procedure.
- Distribute high quality, easy to understand communication materials as requested
- Participate in Project Management meetings as required.
- Community Initiatives and awareness i.e. Newsletters / safety competitions etc by working alongside Senior RLO and Community Investment Team.
- To provide aftercare packs and instruct on new installations.
- Observe site Health & Safety rules and ensure any risks and near misses are reported immediately to the site manager
- Arrange satisfaction surveys for all residents, collating responses and work with Senior RLO to use feedback to improve our service.
- Any other reasonable management request as agreed with Senior RLO.
Experience / Skills
- At least 1-year resident liaison experience within the social housing sector
- Report writing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within guidelines
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.