£70k - 80k per year
about 2 months ago
Technical Service Manager
We are currently working with a leading facilities company to appoint a Technical Service Manager based in London. The perfect candidate will be hungry to develop and will bring a good amount of technical knowledge to a managerial role. The purpose of the Technical Service Manager will be to support the General Manager by providing technical, operational and analytical support for all building services maintenance related issues, both in ‘Design for Management’ and day to day operations.
Day to Day
- Through a detailed understanding of Engineering issues, provide sound advice and support to the property taking into account legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and industry best practices, supply chain capabilities, impact of new technology and changing client/tenant demands
- Act as the property Engineering ‘expert’ in regard to operational issues, and co-ordinate/support a ‘solutions’ team comprising, but not limited to, PAM Head of Engineering, our preferred consultant representatives, and a senior member of the preferred supplier, to identify the actions required and to agree the rectification programme
- Monitor and analyse supplier performance in order to identify trends likely to indicate poor performance or supplier excellence including the quarterly management of Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) and the associated Performance Measurement System (“PMS”)
- Collaborate with the preferred supplier(s) to identify cost saving and service/value improvement opportunities
- Be familiar with new technology, especially in relation to developments that will improve the sustainability credentials of the property
- Educated to degree level or equivalent technical qualification
- Extensive experience of hard services operations or management
- Able to demonstrate a broad range of key engineering services management skills including negotiation, influencing, project management, change management and commercial acumen
- Provide support to the development of the regional and national procurement strategies for hard services, on an ongoing basis
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge of Excel
Please apply or contact Elliot Cariss Smith at Build Recruitment if the role of Technical Service Manager is something of interest.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.