about 1 month ago
Technical Project Manager
Location: Central Cornwall
Technical Project Manger
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
Our client is a specialist housing developer who are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their team in Cornwall to work under the Project Manager.
As a Project Manager you will be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to design development, working within a team environment from the project’s inception through to its completion.
Project Manager Day to day duties:
- Manage multiple sites as agreed with the Technical Manager from design stage to post completion & adoption in line with delivery programme and key dates
- Co-ordinate delivery of surveys & reports required for the development and manage associated requirements from design to completion.
- Manage the process of obtaining consultant fee proposals and formal appointment documents in accordance with Group procedures.
- Co-ordinate consultants to deliver the civil & structural engineering designs including legal plans and the house type working drawing packs.
- Obtaining and collating all ancillary specialist.
- Undertaking value engineering assessments and ensure buildability is considered.
- Co-ordinate submission of designs and securing technical approvals for agreements such as S104, S38 & S278 followed by timely completion of legal agreements.
- Co-ordinate utility designs and initial mains laying onto site, ensuring legal agreements completed in timely manner.
The ideal Candidate:
- BTEC HND/HNC in Design, Construction or Civil Engineering is desirable but not essential
- 3-4 years’ experience in Technical
- Good level of IT literacy with experience of Outlook, Excel & Word
- Good level of communication skills, with the necessity to liaise with internal staff and external bodies
- Proven ability in a Technical role delivering design for projects on time, to budget and quality standards with high customer satisfaction results.
- Excellent organisation and time management with ability to multitask
- Able to lead and work as a team member
- Ability to make decisions within authority.
- Experienced in analysing problems and delivering solutions
- Be able to design and interpret the designs and technical demands of others.
- Strives for continuous improvement for the benefit of the company.
- Able to work under pressure, and accept criticism of work
Benefits of the company:
- Competitive basic salary
- Generous annual leave
- Private healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Support with a professional membership
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply or contact Sophie Leaney at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.