Competitive with performance bonus
9 months ago
Talent Development and Acquisition Manager
Heading up talent development & acquisition at Build Recruitment, you will work directly with the Owners and Management Board and be accountable for leading both internal recruitment and staff development programmes.
As we continue to invest and upskill our workforce, your role will involve designing, implementing and delivering a training and development strategy, and structured programme for the recruitment teams that will underpin the vison and values of the business.
Working closely with the managers and directors, you will establish where the skill gaps are in the business and create sector specific subject matter to be delivered both individually and to groups to fill those gaps.
You will develop an in-house recruitment academy which will include the assessment and selection of trainees and graduates, a structured training programme delivered over several weeks and months whilst utilising the expertise of the businesses leaders to inspire and share best practice with those who join Build Recruitment.
Keeping us one step ahead of our recruitment needs and hiring plan, you will ensure we appoint only the best people at the right time. To that end, we expect you to spend time with the leadership team to plan acquisition priorities, building a sustained pipeline of suitable candidates.
Substantial experience of designing and delivering leadership and management programmes for recruiters (though this may have come from a successful leadership and fee-earning role within your recruitment career).
Experience of designing and delivering graduate intake assessment programmes and graduate onboarding and training programmes.
Great facilitation skills; able to think on your feet, challenge, influence and respond to delegated challenges with senior managers.
Establish sound relationships with key stakeholders; partnering with the business and identifying realistic needs and solutions.
Experience of talent management; knowledge of talent tools and experience of implementing them would be desirable.
Proactively source the best candidates. Map the market, research leads, send compelling outreach emails, meet and introduce recruiters to the business.
- Work with the Management Board to understand the roles, the hiring specification and develop sourcing strategies.
- Handle candidate relationships from application through to an accepted offer and onboarding.
- Create a talent attraction strategy, making Build Recruitment one of the most attractive companies to join.
- Filtering inbound applications from all sources
- Work with existing team members to generate referrals
- Create a talent pool of high calibre candidates who are a cultural fit for the business.
- Maintain a solid network of peers and high performing competitors to get a sense of what top talents look like.
- A passion for developing people and their potential
- Experience in a senior role working in talent, leadership, operations, people, learning or another relevant profession in a recruitment organisation
- An understanding of human-centred design principles and experience using them in practice
- A knack for understanding and using data in a robust way to create informed decisions, set clear targets and measure outcomes
- The experience/ability to be an excellent manager, and manage a multi-disciplinary team of learning, change and data professionals
- Identification, research, and implementation of new sales models within the business to ensure sustained growth
- Work with external consultants to assist in the delivery of the management training across the business
- You get a real kick out of recruiting the best people, no stone left unturned.
- You are a people person; Others are drawn to your down-to-earth outlook, energy and enthusiasm
- Have a learning mindset. You believe there are always new learning and sourcing strategies to try and are excited to develop your recruiting skill set
- Have extensive experience in recruitment, preferably having successful experience both agency and in house – recruiting within the built environment would be an advantage
- Care deeply about providing a wonderful candidate experience
- Are passionate about developing and upskilling those around you
- Buy-in to the company ethos, vision and values and company culture
- Be a key part of the senior management team as a market leading recruitment agency undergo their next stage of growth
- Make a name for yourself through developing a world class team that will have a huge impact on the future of the sectors in which we work
- Frequent top performer lunches and platinum clubs as well as bi-annual overseas incentives
- A very competitive base salary with options for performance related bonuses
- Be part of the company share scheme, with up to 10% equity of the business available to the staff
For more information about working with us, see here: https://www.buildrec.com/disciplines/work-for-us