£50k - 60k per year + Package
4 months ago
£50,000 to £60,000 + Package
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a Client, who are looking for Sustainability Manager who can operate Nationally.
To increase the capacity within the Carbon Reduction team and to develop their strategy and approach. More specifically they are looking for an innovative self-starter to support the further development and delivery of:
- Services to existing and prospective clients to support them to deliver their carbon reduction priorities and net zero aspirations, and
- My clients Carbon Reduction Strategy and transition plan to achieve net zero by 2030
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and be the spearhead of building their capability to meet the needs of the business and clients now and for the future.
- Provide specialist advice and support to clients including identifying customer domestic retrofit, carbon reduction and broader asset management needs and designing solutions to meet them through formal client engagement
- Provide subject matter expertise on carbon reduction, asset management and related activity – including briefing the business on legislative and policy changes, identifying risks, implications and, opportunities that they present
- Provide specialist carbon reduction advice and support to our business including SHEQ, Procurement, Customer Success, operations, and other internal teams as appropriate
- Seek opportunities for external funding and financing initiatives that the company and clients can access to support fund their carbon reduction priorities
- Develop and manage relationships with external specialist partners and organisations to develop and deliver our priorities internally and with clients
- Support the achievement and compliance with relevant external accreditations identified to demonstrate our credibility in carbon reduction and related areas (e.g., PAS 2030:2019, PAS 2035: 2019, MCS, ISO 14001 and others as required)
- Support the development and implementation of a Carbon Reduction Strategy & delivery plan in conjunction with internal colleagues and external partners to enable them to become an operational carbon neutral organisation by 2030
- To supervise and motivate staff reporting to post holder. Ensuring that suitable performance targets are set regularly and monitored and reviewed. To undertake six monthly staff appraisals ensuring that staff training, and development needs are identified and met.
- Ensure all staff within the team are complying with company policy and procedures & are fulfilling their role as per their job descriptions.
- In addition, source subcontractors as is necessary to ensure effective resources are available to complete works to standards and programme, ensuring adherence to company procedures
- Ensure that the requirements of CDM are complied with as they apply to the work activities undertaken by the company by ensuring that statutory notices are prominently displayed, risk assessments have been issued on any substance, process or work activity hazardous to health and safety, and that appropriate control measures, information, instruction, training and protective clothing etc. Have been provided and the construction phase health and safety plan is available on site before construction work commences and that it is updated as work progresses to ensure that it reflects the activities in progress or about to be progressed.
- Ensure that site safety inspections are carried out and recorded to confirm compliance with health and safety plan. Ensuring that any non-compliant areas are brought to the attention of the contract manager and company safety officer, so that appropriate action can be taken.
- On completion of works ensure that any documentation requested by the contract’s manager for inclusion in the health and safety file is provided.
- Attend site regularly to inspect works and confirm they meet required standards and programme, identify problems and discuss solutions with partnering team members, issue corrective action instructions to craft workers as is necessary. Report any variance to standards and/or programme to contract manager so that early action can be taken to find / agree solution and resolve.
- Ensure that additional works are efficiently recorded on contract instruction documents and submitted to client for authorisation.
Qualification and Experience:
- Carbon reduction or retrofit or asset management related qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Broad experience and track record of delivering carbon reduction / retrofit / asset management related initiatives and projects to affect change
- Client solution development for carbon reduction/retrofit and related projects
- Client relationship management experience
- Leading and/or delivering outstanding customer focused services
- Working with internal and external partners to deliver projects and initiatives
Please apply or contact Aaron Battrawden at Build Recruitment for further details.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.