£40k - 50k per year
2 months ago
- To manage financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs & maximise value
- Ensure tenders are prepared by measuring and calculating rates for estimating for review with local Commercial team and Branch Manager
- To ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed margins
- Monitor the weekly and monthly cost information and accurately produce monthly valuations
- To develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Promote the values of Bell Group at all opportunities
Job knowledge, skills and abilities required to undertake the role
- Financial awareness
- Operational awareness
- Communication and teamwork
- Customer focus
- Judgement and decision making
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous experience surveying or estimating within the construction industry and having knowledge of the financial and contractual controls required on a contract
Specific duties and responsibilities of the role
• Measure and prepare cost estimates for contracts and tenders
• Check contract/tender documents and highlight risks
• Understand the Health & Safety requirements of tenders and contracts
• Assist the Branch in developing specific method statements
• Understand the cost base and production levels to secure work for the Branch.
• Develop and maintain several specialist subcontract and supplier contacts, sufficient to avoid reliance on any one company.
• Ensure production targets are issued and contract CVR’s are set.
• Ensure contracts have targets at detail and summary levels, from operative to contract manager
• Ensure the quality of subcontract orders are sufficient to avoid situations leading to potential claims against the Company
• Ensure all contracts have measure in place to track and record financial progress
Please apply today with your CV if this is something you might be interested in.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.