£48k - 53k per year
6 months ago
Surveying and Engineering Lead - Surrey - Social Housing
Permanent Position - Between £48,000 - £53,000 plus car allowance, pension and benefits.
Flexible working, full time permanent role
My client is a leading provider of social housing in Surrey currently looking for a talented Surveying and Engineering Manager for a pivotal role within the Technical Services Team.
You will be responsibe for:
- The capital improvement, planned maintenance, M&E and Civil Engineering service for both Housing and Commercial Projects
- Management of the building surveying, M&E and Civil engineering teams
- Asset management and provision of the five-year capital investment programme
- Lead, motivate and manage staff and service suppliers.
- Deliver the approved revenue and capital investment programme.
- Manage the workload of the M&E team, the major works building surveying team and the project civil engineers
- Produce and instruct programmes of work for the Surveying and Engineering teams, setting targets for effective completion within appropriate timeframes.
- Ensure best practise within building construction, civil engineering, M&E practice and maintenance including health and safety and procurement legislation.
- Degree or appropriate equivalent technical qualification at a degree level, such as CIOB in a construction or engineering related discipline.
- Member of a recognised relevant professional body, such as Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with using current standard forms of building contract used in construction and maintenance work, especially JCT Intermediate Form of Building Contract, Minor Works Building Contract, Measured Term Contract.
- Experience of project managing building or building services or Civil engineering projects from inception to completion, including all aspects of contract administration.
- Knowledge of building construction and building defects and experience of building maintenance, repair, refurbishment and improvement work and a working knowledge of building services installations and civil engineering.
For more information on this position please contact Kieran Williams from Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.