£9 - 15 per hour
020 3176 4790
7 months ago
My client is looking for a day porter on a temporary contract with an immediate start. Ideally you will have experience within a similar role. The purpose of the job will be to undertake a comprehensive range of general and departmental portering duties to the required service delivery standards. This will include providing a portering service in accordance with the Service Level Agreement for Portering Services at the Hospital.
Responsibilities of the day porter:
- Sort, document, transport and deliver all patients, goods, records etc. to wards and departments.
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly dealt with, and action taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Use machinery as shown and taught, ensuring that the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies.
- Report all maintenance issues and hazards to your supervisor.
- Clean all work areas during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area.
- Comply with all Health & Safety legislation which is laid out in the company’s Health & Safety Manual.
- Ensure hygiene levels are maintained in accordance with current legislation and provide a safe environment for customers and staff.
- Comply with the current dress and personal hygiene regulations.
- Attend and comply with training.
- Develop good lines of communications and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers.
- Manage security processes within your area/duties, in line with the company procedures.
- Carry out the duties/tasks on specific schedules, once full training has been given.
Perform any reasonable and practical instructions as requested by the Supervisor, appropriate to the needs of the hospital.
If you are immediately available, please get in touch and I look forward to speaking with you.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.