£9 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is currently recruiting for a Support Worker in the Bedford area, they will be required to provide a time limited practical and emotional support service to service users living in their geographical locality typically following a hospital stay to re-enable independent living.
- 35 hours per week (1-hour unpaid break) 9-5 or 10-6, it may vary
- Potential temp to perm position
Job responsibilities will include:
- Provide a ssistance to a person returning from hospital or medical facility and those identified by local health professionals as being at risk of a further decline in health or without a support mechanism.
- Take/accompany service user to attend hospital appointments or other activities as required in the care/support plan using own or company vehicle
- To carry out follow-up welfare checks and visits as required and assist service users with their activities to re-enable their daily living skills for up to the maximum support period.
- Carry out needs and risk assessments with service users, liaising with referrers as necessary.
- To ensure service users' health and wellbeing is preserved and safeguarding policies and procedures are always followed.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that health and safety legislation and risk assessments are understood and implemented, and that staff and volunteer safety is secured
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding data protection and confidentiality
- To undertake training as required and be prepared to travel within the area to attend any relevant meetings
- Have an Enhanced DBS before starting
- Have 3 years of referencing available
- Have manual driving licence for at least 2 yearsfor car insurance purpose
If you would like to know more information, please contact Aaliyah at Build Recruitment 07487794027 firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.