£15 - 18 per hour
018 7224 8898
about 1 month ago
Solar Technician x4 required for national contract.
On behalf of our client, one of the leaders in the UK/worldwide O&M industry, Build recuitment sw ltd are recruiting for a number of O&M Technician/Electrician who are happy to be mobilised and work away from home monday to friday.
The successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out operations and maintenance activities on a set of large ground mount solar PV farms. They will be providing technical support to the Senior authorised person who is also site based to troubleshoot and resolve incidences on site.
They will also be encouraged to find ways to maximise the site performance.
- Ensuring adherence to all health & safety procedures at all times
- Carrying out operations, fault finding, checks and maintenance on ground mount solar PV plants which will include working on inverters, electrical components, cabling, junction boxes and the framework
- Responsible for routine maintenance in the solar farms according to the contractual requirements
- Managing relationships with subcontractors working on the sites
- HV transformers and switchgear periodic maintenance
- Periodic inspection and testing of electrical circuits
- Solar modules and combiner boxes thermography
- Inverter basic fault diagnostics and repairs (experience with SMA inverters would be desirable)
- Ensure all electrical work undertaken is safe and that it complies with current regulations
- Assist with collating necessary information for ad-hoc reporting (such as insurance or warranty cases)
- City & Guilds / NVQ / 17th/18th Edition etc • City and Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing or equivalent is desiraable
- Proven experience in a similar O&M Technician or Solar PV Electrician role is a must
- Inverter manufacturer training (at least SMA desirable)
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Previous experience in high voltage installations (HV) would be very advantageous
- HVAP15 (or equivalent HV training) preferred Full, clean driving license
if you are interested in this position please "click" APPLY on this Job advert for your most updated CV to be considered or call LEANNE at Build Recruitment ltd.
Build Recruitment ltd (SW) are dedicated consultants situated in Cornwall and are equal opportunities employers.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.