£35k - 42k per year + Life insurance + Bonus
13 days ago
£35,000 - £42,000
We are currently recruiting a new and exciting role for Waste Manager. The Waste Manager will be responsible for the day-today delivery, management, and monitoring of waste services to a standard consistent with the agreed level of service in a compliant, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner
Job duties Soft Waste Manager
- Oversee waste management schemes, such as at landfill sites
- Supervise the transportation of waste to ensure that it takes place efficiently without contaminating air, land, or water sources
- Drive the development, promotion, and implementation of new waste disposal schemes
- Ensure compliance with current legislation in the transportation, handling, and disposal of waste
- Formulate and control budgets for waste disposal
- Collate statistics and compile reports often to strict deadlines
- Monitor the quality and performance of waste services, including contract management of external providers
- Assist with the development of information and promotional materials
- Aim to meet waste reduction and recycling targets
- Deal with enquiries and complaints from members of the public both in person and by phone or email
- To ensure the prompt reporting to the Contract Manager & QHSE, of any building engineering or equipment defect that could give rise to safety hazards
- Maintain documentary evidence to support individual’s capabilities, both for new and existing staff that is reflected in the allocation of duties, to ensure individuals can perform tasks without risk to themselves or others.
- Initiate risk assessment and as a result develop, implement and monitor safe systems of work.
- Review, audit and monitor all health & safety arrangements within areas of responsibility
Skills and Knowledge for Waste Manager:
- Substantial experience and proven track record of Facilities Management or Operational Management across a number of sites varying in size and use.
- Significant experience in leading and managing staff
- Significant experience in service development and change.
- Numerate and IT literate to interpret/present data using a variety of system applications, such as CAFM, Microsoft Office and Facilities specific.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.