£30k - 35k per year
5 days ago
We are currently looking for a Community Engagement Officer/Social Value Business Partner to work for one of our clients, a large principal contractor who are a leading UK construction and regeneration group, operating in the public and commercial sectors, through six divisions of construction and infrastructure, fit out, property services, partnership housing, urban regeneration and investments.
The purpose of this role is -
To coordinate the delivery of social value contractual commitments & to support the business’s corporate social responsibility objectives by using innovative approaches to support the communities in which they work.
Key Responsibilites -
- Maintain network of external stakeholders and community partners including training providers, residents and public sector contacts.
- Support data collating process and recording information for monthly/weekly client and internal reporting
- Ensure delivery on social value commitments as outlined in the contract to meet required deadlines and quality.
- Complete case studies, social media and production of newsletters to communicate activities with the business and externally
- Coordinate and support the recruitment process for apprentices and pre apprentice trainees
- Responsibility for apprentice training programme, supporting supervisors with collating feedback and completing performance reviews and liaising with learning provider.
- Lead point of contact for schools, colleges and other provisions for coordinating work experience placements, careers evenings, mock interviews, site visits, and mentoring
- Deliver commitments, such as job clubs, energy awareness sessions with residents, liaising with relevant external contacts to capture evidence dataCoordinate resident training days, to attract and invite attendees.Responsible for recruitment process for traineeship programme ensuring robust progression routes for learners.Be able to use data and local insight and knowledge to develop targeted programmes to support issues relating to communities- such as poverty, ASB, capacity building, low educational attainment etc.
- Must be able to bring communities together by using innovative and relevant ideas- that are sector driven
- Create and manage an inspiring offer of environmental initiatives for residents to engage with
Type of person they are looking for -
- Able to work on own initiative and maintain comprehensive reporting data
- Flexible in approach and able to work across multiple contracts if required, to support the business
- Must be outcome focussed
- Must be innovative in delivery and able to personalise approach to target specific issues in the communities where we work
- Must be willing to take on additional training and qualifications such as Energy Advisor Qualification
- Someone who is looking to step up into this role and take on more responsibility
Specific information and key skills -
- Must be able to conduct resident training initiatives, especially around digital inclusion.
- Must have a good understanding of training provision in the vacancy area and have a good network of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable evidence of creating and managing environmental initiatives that residents can engage with
- Previous experience in CSR/community regeneration activity
- Able to design initiatives/programmes to support communities to show tangible benefits – essential
- Must have experience in creating environmental programmes that are engaging for residents and which address environmental concerns.
- Experience of giving employability support to customers
- Experience of providing careers advice- preferably in a construction/property maintenance environment.
- Experience of delivering digital inclusion training in the community - essential
- Mentoring experience of young people- desirable
- Working knowledge of Apprenticeships
- Knowledge of safeguarding
This role has a wide geographical reach, a vehicle will be provided and therefore a clean current driving licence is essential for the role or you can have a car allowance instead which would be around £5k per year.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.