£38k - 45k per year + Helth, Bonus, Pension
2 months ago
Small Works Manager
Torpoint, South East Cornwall
Build Recruitment are working with a leading national contractor to source a Small Works Manager based in the Southwest of England. The role offers great training and progression as well as job security.
Reporting to the Estates Manager, the Small Works Manager will be responsible for managing the minor works projects <£25k as well as ensuring that all Health & Safety requirements are met.
The Small Works Manager will monitor and manage the Supply Partners project teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment, and skills to perform relevant tasks.
Role Brief for the Small Works Manager:
- Management of all Billable Works under £25K in accordance with statutory legislation and Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Management of projects with nominated Supply Partners to ensure that all key performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that all documentation relating to billable works is distributed in a timely manner and recorded within the CAFM system.
- Identifying opportunities on establishments to support the Net Zero carbon reduction targets within Billable Works initiatives to achieve them.
- Ensuring that all Billable Works are delivered safely and within agreed timelines and budget.
- Comply with the agreed system of reporting of the physical and financial progress of Billable Works, including planned milestone payments.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- ONC, or equivalent, level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience. Continuing Professional Development
- Asbestos Awareness
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Good numeracy, literacy, and IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- SMSTS site management 5-day course desirable
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.