Construction, Trades & Labour
£40k - 52k per year + Package
4 months ago
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Social Housing – Planned Maintenance
Salary: £40,000 - £52,000 + Package
My client, a leading national property services contractor who are part of a larger construction group are on the lookout for a Quantity Surveyor to join the growing team.
- Contribute to the project commercial strategies and to take ownership for the subcontract packages
- To demonstrate understanding of internal and external tender strategies
- Effective management of subcontractors
- To work effectively with your line manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts
- Contribute to relevant project procurement strategies with particular reference to issuing tender enquiries, package reconciliations and production of subcontract orders
Experience and skills
- Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience of working in a planned maintenance/ Social Housing environment
- Understanding of all on-site Health & Safety requirements and responsibilities pertaining to the delivery of contracted works and their management and delivery.
- Knowledge of relevant Construction Contracts and their application to the role and, or company in delivery of the contracted works.
- Good demonstrable SOR & VCR/CVR knowledge
- Ability to organise the proper internal administration of projects and effectively operate a good management system, be able to communicate and interact well with colleagues and with other departments and a clear ability to work to an agreed agenda and timetable.
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles then please do not hesitate to get in touch
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.