£40k - 45k per year
020 3176 4790
3 months ago
Site Manager – Planned Maintenance
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Cambridge and Peterborough
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 17:30pm
I am currently looking for an experienced Site Manager to works across Cambridge and Peterborough on a permanent basis. If you're the type of person who loves to work closely with people and is resilient - this could be the role for you! You will have experience of refurbishment contracts and of managing sub-contractors.
- Assist the Contracts Manager with pre-start details and attend pre-start meetings with the client as necessary to ensure smooth site set up and full knowledge of the project to manage it through to completion.
- To issue monthly site progress reports to the Contracts Manager and client to monitor progress against the programme schedule.
- Management of Method Statements / Risk Assessments, ensuring these are adhered to and identifying where improvements can be made
- Work Permits for all areas of the project (i.e. hot works, scaffolding, etc)
- Scaffold/Lifting equipment inspections as necessary and ensuring all personnel are qualified to use / erect the equipment
- In house audits, inspections for SHEQ and management reporting
- Management of defects in line with KPIs
- Compliance with specification as determined by the client / business, notifying all parties of any need to move away from the programme
- Compliance with materials / workmanship schedules and ensuring all are qualified to do the work they are employed to do
- To manage, coach and develop your team effectively in order to deliver the highest standards of service and maximise individual/team potential (including PDRs, disciplinaries, absence reviews, etc)
- Managing subcontractors, issuing NCRs where appropriate to ensure contractors are working effectively and in line with Engie standards and procedures.
- Liaison with individuals at all levels of the contract, including; Contracts Manager, the Clients Project Managers, relevant consultants, contract administrator, head office, etc. to enable the flow of information between all parties ensuring timely project delivery and high standards of work.
- Develop effective working relationships with client representatives (i.e. the housing department) and RLOs to ensure consistency of information and approach, keeping tenants fully informed with regard to the programme.
Who are you?
- Previous Site Management experience (including frameworks, refurbishment, K&B, etc)
- Excellent organisational skills and financial and commercial awareness
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation and Health and Safety legislation
- Understanding of local government and experience of partnership arrangements
- Reading and accurately interpreting programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
What's in it for you?
In this role, you would have the opportunity to add real value from the outset and drive the direction of the team. Also, on offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to apply! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.