£24 - 27 per hour
13 days ago
Site Manager - Kitchen & Bathroom
£24 - £27 Per Hour
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment - from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a Client, who are looking for a Site Manager - Kitchen's & Bathroom's based in Shoreditch
The main objective will be to manage and control the activities on site to successfully complete the project within budget, to the specified quality standards, within the contract period and to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and ensuring highest level of H&S at all times. These projects will be looking after Kitchen and Bathroom upgrades and refurbishments.
- Accountable for all daily operational activity and the management of operatives and sub-contractors ensuring adherence to all Company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Manage activities on site, ensuring that the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times. Organising and co-ordinating site resources to optimise the effectiveness on site.
- Undertake the induction of all employees and sub-contractors on site and follow up with toolbox talks.
- Induct all employees in the Correct way of working ensuring that the contract delivery processes are complied with and adopted into your daily disciplines.
- Responsible for identifying, reviewing and implementing the client's critical success factors for the project and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality and programme standards are delivered (avoiding any defects later), undertaking regular reviews to monitor progress against programme addressing any shortcomings and issues as they arise.
- Review and coordinate contract drawings and specifications for all work sections.
- Ensure that records pertaining to requests for information, verbal instructions, delay and disruption are rigorously maintained in conjunction with the commercial team to ensure the company's liabilities are protected.
- Identify and requisition site equipment / plant and materials to ensure completion of works.
- Regular communication with Line Manager on site progress, advising of issues which may impact / change the contract programme. Accurately record progress weekly on all activities.
- Produce short term programmes for all trades to achieve main programme dates.
- Chair/attend weekly sub-contractor progress/planning meeting and record minutes.
- Maintain to the highest quality daily records of site activities.
- Supervise the implementation of work safety plans, method statements, risk assessments and other works procedures ensuring they comply with the relevant documentation. Monitor and report on their effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with external and internal departments to ensure smooth running of the site and tasks are undertaken in line with the programme requirements taking appropriate action to address any issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensure all operatives and sub-contractors are always wearing appropriate PPE during site activities.
- Ensure all operatives and sub-contractors are suitably trained to use any relevant plant and equipment.
- Ability to understand and gain full working knowledge of the relevant contract terms and conditions and the associated obligations.
- Work closely with the commercial team to be aware of the financial position of the contract. Agree scopes of each subcontract package.
- Day work sheets should be reviewed with site QS before signing.
- Demonstrate a strong Customer focus and an ability to deliver initiatives within the local community and to support the Company's corporate social responsibility.
- Ensure any quality control notices are issued to sub-contractors promptly.
Please apply or contact Bella Jones at Build Recruitment for further details.
We'll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We'll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We'll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.