£40k - 45k per year + Company Car / Car Allowance
17 days ago
Site Manager (Social Housing Refurb)
Type: 6 Month FTC
Location: Tyne & Wear
Salary: £40,000 – 45,000 per annum + company vehicle / allowance
Hours: Mon – Fri (37.5 hours)
I am currently recruiting for a principal contractor based in the North East, they are currently looking for three Site Manager’s to join their team and assist them in the management and delivery of their Decent homes scheme. You must have at least 5 years’ experience as a Site Manager and refurbishment or energy saving retro fit work experience.
- Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
- Employee personal & professional development profile
- Personal and career development pathways supported by an academy
Day to Day:
- To assist the Contracts Manager with pre-start details
- To report to the Project / Contracts Manager on the progress against the programme
- To ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects. Fully understand the company’s SHEQ policy/strategy
- Maintenance of company required Health & Safety procedures / initiatives
- Assist with the preparation of the Health and Safety file
- Maintain and update Construction Phase Health & Safety plan as works proceed
- Liaison with the client, consultants, contract administrator, head office etc.
- To be responsible for the opening and closing of the site facilities
- Management of site facilities; welfare, toilets, offices, compound area etc.
- Management of site housekeeping, discipline, behaviour etc.
- To be aware at all times of possible commercial opportunities
- To assist in the management of project specific preliminaries
- Co-ordinate the Sub-Contractors as appropriate
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to fully operate Microsoft Project
- Excellent organisational skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Current and Valid UK driving license
- Previous Site management experience
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Understanding of local government construction projects
- Experience of Partnership arrangements
- Refurbishment work or energy saving retro fit work experience is beneficial
- SMSTS / CSCS / Asbestos / PASMA, etc.
Please apply or contact Holly Lewis at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.