£50k - 52k per year + training, progression
3 months ago
Job Title: Shift Leader
Location: Liverpool Street EC2N 4AY
Salary: £50 - 52k
Job Type: Permanent
Due to continued growth and winning multiple “trophy contracts”, Build Recruitment are working with a market leading FM Service Provider (with strong financial backing and a well-known name within the industry) looking for a shift lead / shift leader to join their successful team. This is a permanent opportunity where you will be valued and given the chance to progress.
It's a very client-facing environment and you will be responsible for ensuring the company delivers its contractual obligations on time whilst leading a small team and maintaining all electrical, mechanical and critical site-based equipment. The successful candidate will be required to work on site on a days and night shift pattern, 12 hour shifts and will be part of a 2 man shift team that reports directly into the Account Manager. You will be rewarded with salary reflective of their background, skill set and experience.
It is important that you have experience doing maintenance previously in a shift lead / supervisor role and are comfortable working closely with clients.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Support the contract requirements as High Voltage and Low Voltage Authorized person providing switching schedules, planned and reactive support to all electrical systems.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the critical and non-critical plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of task sheets – hard copy or electronically as required.
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Provide shift cover for opposite shift members during periods of absence.
- Attend and support annual building shutdowns when required.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in M&E Environments
- 3+ years experience in leading a shift team
- HV Authorized
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or similar
- C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation (Ability to attain 18th Edition through additional training if you have 17th Edition)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Overtime x1.5 on weekday and x2 on weekends + day in lieu on bank holidays
- Standby rate is £15 per day and £50 on bank holidays
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata into shifts for shift workers)
- Company funded health cash plan
- Ability to buy and sell holidays – buy 5 days & sell 2 days
- Life assurance
- Auto-enrolment company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Purchase an electric vehicle via salary sacrifice
- Employee discounts with various brands
- Learning and development programs, training and career opportunities.
If you are a shift leader / shift lead role looking for a new opportunity and meet the criteria above, please apply or send us an email with any questions. Ruby.Skinner@buildrec.com
This role may be suited to somebody who is a shift supervisor, M & E supervisor, supervisor, engineering supervisor, engineer supervisor, shift lead technician, shift leader, engineer team leader.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.