£35k - 40k per year + car / allowance + industry leading benefits
020 3176 4790
10 months ago
Role: SHEQ Advisor
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + car / car allowance
Location: Edinburgh – Projects based throughout Scotland and Northern England
Build Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of experienced SHEQ Advisors to manage and maintain the health and safety on various medium to large construction sites scattered throughout Scotland and the North of England, my client is a leading construction and property consultancy who are based throughout the UK and due to a number of recent contract wins they require experienced H&S professionals to join the team and oversee the health and safety on various sites for their portfolio of contractors.This is a great opportunity to join an established consultancy working on various property and construction projects within the residential, retail, commercial, industrial, office, leisure, education and healthcare sectors.
The SHEQ Advisor will have site-wide responsibility for administering and maintaining all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality, ensuring compliance to relevant standards and legislation.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Advising contractors / developers on all SHEQ related legal compliance, liability and procedures and managing audits
• Reviewing site certifications
• Making recommendations on SHEQ training appropriate to the needs of the business
• COSHH Management and risk assessments for the site
• Ensure all certification / inspection and servicing requirements are maintained in accordance with legislation and where required make recommendations to the Management team
• Schedule and lead SHEQ meetings
• Take responsibility for accident and near miss investigations
• Manage contractors processes where necessary
• Assist in the preparation, review and approval of Site Health and Safety Plans, including fire plans
• Review and approve risk assessments and method statements for high risk operations.
• Provide training to staff and/or our contractors operatives.
• Plan and carry out audits and inspections of sites and departments.
• Issue written reports on the results of their site safety inspections and safety audits.
• Where necessary, liaise with Health and Safety Executive
• Identify, propose and implement methods of improving H&S performance.
• Attend site and other health & safety meetings as requested.
Essential Skills Qualifications and Experience:
To be considered for this position you will hold as a minimum a NEBOSH Construction and ideally be working towards your NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ level 5 or equivalent.
• You will have substantial experience in overseeing SHEQ functions and strategies ideally from within a construction, or a design and built environment.
• Methodical approach to duties
• Presentation skills i.e. ability to develop and present workshops and training courses
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Detailed knowledge of the construction industry and the processes involved
• Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 / ISO9001 / ISO14001(desired but not essential)
In return my client are offering a competitive salary in the region of £35,000 - £40,000 + car or car allowance + industry leading benefits package. If you are interested in the position or would like more information in regards to the role then please get in touch | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com | 07415 259 073
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.