£40k - 50k per year
about 2 months ago
Senior Site Manager - Decent Homes
Type - Full Time / Permanent
Location - Birmingham
Salary - £40,000 - 45,000 per annum + company car + benefits
I am currently looking for a Senior Site Manager to manage a decent homes project in Birmingham. My client is a leading property services contractor and are looking for a Site Manager who embodies these values and can continue to facilitate the successful completion of our contracts, on time, in budget and to the highest standards possible.
* A realistic and achievable performance reward scheme
* Company car and an outstanding private mileage scheme
* Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
* 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
* We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance; we consider a variety of working patterns and are happy to talk flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
* Access to an employee assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
You will be responsible for managing kitchen and bathroom, doors and windows refurbishment project contracts for the West Midlands based social housing clients, as well as managing a passive fire protection programme for our reputable social care clients. These planned maintenance refurbishment projects are to be delivered to the required standards on time and in budget, whilst always maintaining the client and our customers at the heart of what you do.
* You will instil ownership and responsibility in your teams, working with Site Managers, Forepersons and direct and subcontract trade teams to support the successful delivery of works to the expected standards, on time and to budget.
* You'll ensure and enforce Health and Safety measures are in place and monitored.
* You will build relationships both internally and externally. We encourage commercial and operational teams to work closely together to ensure successful delivery of any contract.
* You'll see the benefit in managing your own time so that you can visit site regularly to maintain productivity and be in the office to ensure procedures and reports are up to date.
* Relevant experience of Site Management in a similar role ideally from within the housing refurbishment or planned maintenance project sectors, although we encourage applications from other transferrable backgrounds too
* Demonstrable experience of managing direct labour, including development and performance management of a team
* An SMSTS qualification (preferred) with a sound working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements (essential)
* A trade background (all trades considered to NVQ level 2 or equivalent) preferred but not essential
* The ability to build successful working relationships with customers, clients and employees
* An understanding of cost and risk management
Additional benefits include:
* Annual pay reviews
* Medical insurance and life insurance
* Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
* Training and development opportunities
* Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.