£29k - 30k per year
020 3176 4790
5 months ago
Senior Repairs Planner / Team Leader
Location: Willesden Green
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 17:00pm
My client is looking for an expereinced senior repairs planner / team leader to manage a team of 5.
This position requires good management and organisational skills.
• As a senior repairs planer / team leader you will be responsible for the efficient and effective daily planning of reactive repair works across west London
• You will also be responsible for checking the operative’s daily workload for the following day. Spot checking jobs to ensure they have been raised correctly and highlighting and recording any area of concern with the Service Manager
• Review completed jobs and provide feedback regarding operative performance in line with planner’s feedback
• Ensure there is a structured approach to planning in works for the operatives by the team of planners
• Work with the service manager, review incoming call data and make sure the contact centre is Staffed accordingly
• Carry out 1-2-1 reviews and performance manage planners
• Reporting any absences/lateness of engineers and planners to the Service Manager
• Manage any exceptions; customer complaints both written and manager call backs and adjust workloads to deliver the most efficient service possible
• Pick up call outs and overnight issue’s and ensure completion of job and relay updates to customers and Service Manager
• Manage call out rota’s and weekend works
• Raise new calls in accordance with SLA’s
• Work with the team to identify Out of scope works and drive through the correct operational and commercial processes
• Understand specialist works processes and assign subcontractors and provide confirmation of their attendance to site
• Ensure all job updates are relayed clearly back to the customer, through liaison with engineers
• Make sure the planning team record clear updates on the Job management system
• Review WIP and follow-ups on a regular basis as discussed with management
• Review any planned works streams and look for efficiencies with planning in/attending properties
• Ensure the planning team answer switchboard calls and respond to general queries in a timely and professional manner also help answer calls during busy periods in the mornings & afternoons.
• Provide administrative and or phone cover during absences and break periods
• Review and check all mailboxes regularly throughout the day and make sure all emails are responded to in a timely and professional manner against SLA’s of 48 hours.
• Chase Parts orders daily and ensure prompt delivery of parts for works. Escalate any concerns to the relevant supervisors. Working with the stores and supervisors to monitor returned goods by operatives and make sure jobs have notes about materials updated/credits are requested for jobs no longer being worked on .
• Ensure customer satisfaction is high and internal dashboards /reports to drive efficiency in the planning of work
• Provide a daily handover to Out of hours teams of any emergency jobs not attended throughout the day
• Attend meetings as requested with the Service and or Contract Manager to review active jobs and any issues effecting operational efficiency
• Adhoc duties – Supporting engineering supervisors and contract managers with various engineer & H&S Audits
• Adoc duties - Understanding and Assisting with the gas servicing and voids processes to be able to step in and support these teams where necessary
• Work with the commercial team to identify any improvements within the planning team that could improve out of scope capture or improve processes.
• Input into further IT developments required to improve the service delivery.
Skills and knowledge:
• Experience of working in a Repairs and Maintenance administration environment
• Experience of managing a small team answering a high number of calls direct from customers and Operatives
• Work in a fast-paced high-pressured environment with the ability to remain calm under pressure and multitask
• Outstanding communication skills both internal and external both verbally and written.
• The ability to effectively prioritise your workload and build relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent attention to detail
• A proactive/can do attitude to work
• The ability to work on own initiative and take full ownership of role
• Good excel knowledge and ability to interpret and manage data
• The ability to follow process
• Ability to pick up new processes in a fast-changing environment
• Ability to motivate a team
• Able to problem solve and think quickly when presented with an issue
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.