£60k - 75k per year + Package
4 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Planned Maintenance) - Social Housing
Permanent - Up To £75k Basic Plus Package
We are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a main contractor specialising in social housing maintenance based in Hemel Hempstead. The role will be to work on one of our clients’ decent homes contracts worth £20m p.a covering a mixture of external & internal maintenance such as roofing, windows, fabric repairs, cyclical decorations and kitchen & bathroom replacements over 12,000 properties.
As part of such a varied contract, this is a great role for a Senior Quantity Surveyor from a social housing background, looking for a move into a lead role closer to home.
Our client is looking for experienced quantity surveyors within the social housing sector with previous experience working on a variety of work streams, budgeting and estimating, schedule of rates knowledge, cost reporting, final accounting, CVR’s, variations etc.
As a Quantity Surveyor for our client, your duties will include:
- Management of sub-contractors including variations, valuations, sub-contractor payments, assist with CVR's, issuing payments etc.
- Prepare monthly valuation reports.
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
- Pricing works using Schedule of Rates while maximising profit
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree qualified or time served in Quantity Surveying within the social housing sector
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or alternatively feel free to get in touch with Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.