City of London
£75k - 85k per year + Car/ Allowance & Package
4 months ago
Managing Quantity Surveyor
Housing Planned Maintenance Frameworks
London / Hybrid
Salary - up to £85,000 + car / allowance and package
We are currently seeking an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a highly reputable leading main contractor specialising in housing refurbishments to social housing clients, the role is to lead the commercial team across a wide portfolio of planned maintenance contracts for the £20m+ business unit with high growth ambitions.
This opportunity could suit a first class SQS looking to step up in to an MQS positon, or an established MQS looking for a new challenge with a blue chip company seeking quick growth.
Works focus on a broad range of Internal and External Refurbishments, FRA and General Planned Maintenance works througout the London area across a portfolio of LA & HA clients.
Our client is looking for a commercial lead with extensive experience in the social housing sector working on planned maintenance / refurbishment frameworks with strong knowledge of team managment and quantity surveying duties such as management of subcontractors, budgeting and estimating, schedule of rates, cost reporting, final accounting, CVR’s, variations etc.
If you are interested in a move into a highly reputable and growing main-contractor where you can be a part of a successful and stable team, this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor for our client, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Control all expenditure for relevant projects / work streams
- Leading the team of quantity surveyors
- Reconcile cost/value reports & profit forecasts.
- Onboarding of Sub contractors/suppliers.
- Ensuring value for money & financial assessments.
- Manage day to day cost control & monitoring & reporting.
- Process Sub contractor requests for payment via application & invoice.
- Attend project & company related meetings.
- Ensure timely cash flow management.
- Maintain & develop professional relationships with client & customers.
You will need:
- Ideally 5+ years experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a solid surveying background role in housing
- Industry relevant Degree or vocational equivalent.
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or contact Jonny Barltrop at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.