£55k - 65k per year + Package
6 months ago
Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you a Chartered Quantity Surveyor who has ran projects and managed a team of experienced Surveyors?
Or are you a Senior Chartered Surveyor who wants to take that next step on the career ladder?
Due to my client's continuing success and growth, they are now looking for a talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to join and manage their Cost Management team, where you will be working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy office with over 60 staff in a vibrant part of central London (SE1).
My client's projects are very diverse including large healthcare, retail and commercial schemes with contract values up to £200 million to smaller schemes and working in interesting sectors including; healthcare, local authority, prestige government sites, etc.
- Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
- Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
- Prepare tendering documents
- Contract administrate / project manage on a number projects
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
- Lead from the front as regards to client facing meetings, dealing with multi-disciplined teams
and project delivery
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent)
- MRICS Chartered
- Commercially focused
This opportunity provides development in to management within the business. To achieve this, my client will provide you with guidance and support from our experienced Cost Management team in London and throughout the UK based offices (many have embarked on this very same journey). Therefore, it is essential that you are an individual with a strong 'can do' attitude to develop within this role.
What's in it for you?
My client prides themselves on their investment in their biggest assets........their people. And as you will find out from day one in your career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• 25 days holiday and study leave
• Company car allowance
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Pension: Standard 6% Contribution
• Highly competitive salary
To apply for the role or for a further discussion, please submit your CV via the advert or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07487847467
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.