£48k - 60k per year
about 1 month ago
Senior Project Manager – Small Works (M+E/ Building Services)
Greater London Area
My client are looking for a Senior Project Manager to work client direct looking after the small works across 12 sites in the greater London area. This will be a fast paced role where my client are looking for a dynamic Senior Project Manager who can manage projects from cradle to grave and play a key role with the stakeholders. This will be a mobile role where you will be expected to visit the site where the work is.
Purpose of Role:
Principle purpose of the Senior Project Manager is managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery and performance of the Minor Capital Works, M&E, Hard FM, Refurbishment and any other “Elective Works” Projects on the Estate in the London region. The Senior Project Manager is to work alongside the internal stakeholders and Head of Projects to ensure the appropriate management of delivery, compliance to H&S standards and any appropriate contract level KPI’s are met and exceeded.
- Acts as the operational lead and focal point for their London region
- Working with the Head of Projects, develops and agrees local strategy to form a contract delivery plan for all expected workload.
- Monitoring the delivery project works to ensure quality, programme and compliance targets are met.
- Delivers these elements within their own delivery plan to achieve the current year's performance
- Inputting into and updating local FMR to inform and develop future pipeline with Head of Projects and PMO.
- Manages activities to support operational delivery and growth for their respective area.
- Ensures client security considerations are in place, agreed, reviewed and monitored, security being at the heart of the Establishments priorities.
- Operates within agreed operational and/or management guidelines
- Maintains effective internal and external client or user relationships within own area of responsibility
- Delivers to Health and Safety policy and all relevant standards
- Ensures statutory and regulatory approvals are in place prior to works starting e.g. CDM, Building Regs etc
- Implements own decisions and sets local priorities iFn partnership with all involved in the project
- Applies high level technical skills across a broad range of functional or business activities, makes use of technical expertise and imparts their experience to support successful delivery
- Minor works projects covering a diverse range of services including mechanical, LV & HV electrical, groundworks and civil, building fabric, fire and security (Essential)
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation including Health and Safety (including CDM) building regulations, planning and building standards. (Essential)
- Considerable knowledge of the built environment. (Essential)
- Knowledge of project delivery/project management methodologies (Desirable)
- Considerable knowledge of change management – influencing and directing to facilitate performance improvement (Essential)
- Knowledge of budget management (Desirable)
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.