£37,000 - 38,625 per year + Travel card, private health care, 25 days a/l
about 2 months ago
Location: Bristol/ BS34 7LJ
Salary: £37,000 - £38,625
Senior Mechanical Engineer
ASAP/Permanent/£37,000 - £38,625/ Senior Mechanical Engineer
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a FM company who are looking for an Senior mechanical engineer based in Bristol.
This is a great opportunity to work for one of the largest, most successful FM companies which will give you a chance to gain good critical experience and potentially progress within their company. This role as a senior mechanical engineer will be requiring you to work 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with participation in the on-call rota.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager / Head of Estates
- Supervise, lead and motivate all staff within your responsibility to ensure allocated and reactive work is completed to a defined standard, within the agreed time and budget.
- Supervise sub-contractors for all mechanical works ensuring is is carried out and completed in compliance with the contract specification and to client satisfaction
- Carry out maintenance and repairs to all mechanical equipment on site.
- Plan, prioritise and delegate work in accordance with response and rectification times set out in the contract for all trade staff and contract labour ensuring that all associated paperwork is completed within the required timescales
- Working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with participation in the on-call rota
- Must hold a recognised advanced mechanical trade apprenticeship and/or relevant qualifications to level 3 (theory and practice) in a relevant Mechanical discipline with suitable industry experience
- Experience leading, supervising or managing a team.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical services, plumbing &/or building maintenance, including water hygiene and legionella, LV, pressure systems, BMS control etc.
- Experience in managing and maintaining safe system of works (SSoW)
- Team player and able to motivate and manage staff, including specialist sub-contractors
- Able to communicate well with the client, as well as with peers, team and senior management.
If you meet the criteria above an would like to go forward for this senior mechanical engineering opportunity please get in touch with Ruby Skinner.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.