£62k - 69k per year + car, bonus, health, pension
about 1 month ago
Senior Health and Safety Manager
South of England
We have a very exciting new client direct role for a Regional Senior Health and Safety Manager within facilities management. The Senior Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for providing Health and Safety guidance and support to the leadership team across the south of England ensuring that the business is able to demonstrate compliance to legal and other requirements.
Job Role for the Senior Health and Safety Manager:
- Lead and manage four Regional Safety Managers and Central Health and Safety Administrator
- Develop the health and safety elements of the management system
- Support the development of the health and safety strategy
- Provide health and safety leadership guidance and support to the senior team
- Provide a catalyst for change and proactively drive health and safety improvement
- Manage the accident reporting process, as well as reviewing of performance trends, action planning and internal & external reporting
- Work with the operational and project leadership teams to reduce the number of safety incidents to a minimum
- Provide assurance of health and safety performance through the delivery of programmed inspections and site visits
- Maintain procedures and supporting materials such as toolbox talks and guidance to ensure they continue to meet its legal requirements
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant
- Work with client specialists to reduce risk across the contract
- Champion continual improvement based on reflective learning
- Develop and implement safety cultural programme
- Contribute to the selection, evaluation and ongoing performance of contractors
What they expect from their Senior Health and Safety Manager:
- A minimum of 5 years health and safety experience within facilities management.
- Qualified with or working towards CMIOSH or equivalent
- Must be able to lead and direct a team of Safety Managers who support a broad range of sites.
- Must be able to manage and allocate resources to support the delivery of a wide range of safety improvement projects, day to day operational needs, unforeseen incidents and wider strategic business goals.
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations and coordinate multiple interested parties to deliver the right outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure and challenging situations and to strict deadlines
- Work with, engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders or interested parties such as the Senior Leadership Team, Regional Operations Directors, Senior Operational Leads, Specialist Consultants, Supply Chain partners and regulatory bodies.
- Able to manage complex safety and health improvement projects involving many teams and stakeholders, and be responsible for achieving quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Expert knowledge of Health and safety legislation and its application in FM
- Expert knowledge of devising, reviewing and implementing Safety Management Systems such as 18001
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.