£75k - 80k per year + Excellent Benefits
020 3176 4790
11 months ago
Role: Senior Façade / Technical Engineer
Location: Chancery Lane Office – Projects throughout London
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000 + car or travel allowance + industry leading benefits package
Sector: High End Residential & Commercial
My client is an award winning boutique property and construction consultancy who have been established for over 10 years, they are looking to recruit a Senior Façade Engineer to join the team out of their modern head office based close to Chancery Lane. They are looking for an engineer to join the team and reporting directly into the managing director who can provide leadership and technical expertise in regards to façade safety, testing, inspections and auditing for their portfolio of commercial and high end residential schemes throughout London.
- Lead on all technical matters specifically regarding properties that have been clad or part clad and / or have other similar systems such as rainscreen, curtain walling etc
- Act as an expert in context of modern methods of construction (including the exterior envelope)
- Exhibit a deep and widespread knowledge of the statute governing residential and commercial property, specifically in the context of Fire Safety, Building Regulations, MHCLG Advice Notes, EW1S, etc
- Proficient in carrying out the full range of façade assessments and producing quality report outputs
- Use computer-assisted façade engineering and design software and equipment for simulation purposes and to prepare engineering design documents
- Perform façade structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas etc
- Proficient in carrying out (and / or interpreting) the full range of fire risk assessments (type 1-4)
- Carrying out site inspections and reporting and performing a quasi-Clerk of Works role – the onus here being on eye to detail and construction proficiency
- Degree Educated within structural or civil engineering / building surveying or equivalent
- Professional membership to SFE, CIBSE, CABE, RICS, IStructE or relevant professional membership
- Extensive knowledge of cladding and alternative envelope systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient in Microsoft packages and façade design software e.g Strand7, Mepla
This role offers an excellent opportunity to develop leadership and client facing skills whilst being part of a highly successful and growing business, if you are interested in the position or would like to discuss the role in more detail then please get in touch | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com | 07415 259 073
Due to the location of the work we can only accept applications from people who are eligible to work in the UK.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.