£50k - 65k per year
9 months ago
Estimator – Hard FM
Purpose of Job
Our client are looking for an Estimator will be responsible for managing large and prestigious portfolios/volumes of tender opportunities (valued £20k – £5m) reporting to the Commercial Director. Working for an up and coming company in the Building Services industry with a lot of opportunities for progression. Responsibilities of the Estimator at competitive Tender & PQQ stage will include ensuring appropriate and good quality documents are created, compliance to bid process and procedures, leading the pricing of tenders and liaising with the Supply Chain Manager to maximise subcontract benefit, along with general administrative duties.
The Estimator will ensure the appropriate input is provided from all internal and external stakeholders to achieve a tender submission that meets the requirements of the ITT and ultimately the client. The Estimator must have an engineering or mechanical/electrical background and be able to travel for the purposes of site visits, tender meetings and client presentations.
Key Accountabilities of the Estimator:
- Ensure that all estimating processes and procedures are followed to deliver a submission following tender settlement.
- Thoroughly review Tender information and highlight any Risks areas.
- Working with other stakeholders to identify, capture and develop win themes for each opportunity.
- Preparation of competitive tender offers in accordance with SFG20 / Client Requirements and the building asset information.
- Undertake site visits to establish and verify asset information provided as part of the tender documentation.
- Undertake a full analysis of tender returns received during the tender process.
- Complete Form of Tender and tender letter with any qualifications and complete contract sum Analysis/Schedules if necessary.
- Monitor, evaluate and develop existing bid activities and processes with the aim of continual improvement and pursuit of excellence.
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager to procure specialist subcontractors to ensure compliance to a client’s requirements and overall competitiveness and value for money.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to promote the use of and procurement of Commercial Framework Vendors for new and existing contracts.
- Lead on and provide support of the pricing of all tender enquiries received from clients, using both traditional and innovative pricing methods to maximise the Company’s ability to win more tenders.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and experience in the process of pricing and estimating hard services mechanical and electrical maintenance based contracts. A level of soft services knowledge is desirable though not essential.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of SFG20, labour loading and asset verification.
- Attend start-up pre-price and price meetings
Key Responsibilities for the Estimator:
- Manage, lead and support where necessary and/or required the pricing of all tender enquiries.
- Constantly reviewing of pricing models and procedures to ensure the most efficient, innovative and productive methods are always being applied.
- Ensure bid management protocols and processes are followed, including periodic reviews.
- Act as a champion for our brand and police pricing quality.
- Express interest for projects, download and distribute bid documentation when required.
- Plan and manage bid production
- Support the editing and proof reading of tender and bid documentation before submission.
- Engage with colleagues, including technical employees at all levels, as well as external suppliers to ensure the best possible bids are submitted every time.
- Ensure that Commercial Framework Vendors are utilised at every opportunity.
- Liaise with Optimums Supply Chain to ensure best value is achieved.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.