£55k - 70k per year + Package
6 months ago
Role: Senior Estimator – Maintenance, New Build and Refurbishment
Salary: £55-£70k + package
Location: Kent + Flexible working (inc WFH)
With their diverse portfolio of projects, my client is looking for a Senior Estimator to join the company, to be responsible for the preparation and submission of tenders, under a variety of forms of procurement for projects up to £20m in line with the company’s brand, position, and processes.
The company has projects across repairs & maintenance, new build & refurbishment and disabled adaptations with successful applicants having a huge opportunity to grow and develop the team due to the longevity of work.
- To manage a small team consisting of an Estimator, Trainee Estimator plus Admin.
- Review of tender documents.
- Preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries, including selection of prospective subcontractors.
- Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team.
- Track tender opportunities and manage workload.
- Visit site to identify site specific risks.
- Contribute to the design development process and attend design team meetings.
- Preparing tender Bills of Quantities.
- Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries.
- Prepare budgets and cost plans.
- Prepare tenders on 1st principles
- Prepare benchmarking against other tender submissions / actual project costs in association with Senior QS.
- Adjudication and comparison of sub-contractor quotations.
- Initiate technical queries and ensure design sufficiently developed to ensure accurate costings.
- Risk management throughout the tender period and preparation of the tender Risk Register.
- Input into Strategy Programme and Long Lead Items for Procurement Schedule.
- Preparation of Contractors Proposals with Business Development and Design Teams.
- Value engineering throughout the design phase of design and build projects.
- Presentation of the tender to senior management at tender settlement meetings including the highlighting major commercial issues.
- Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender.
- Ensure a smooth handover of the project to site teams.
What do we need from you?
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in an estimating role within a business in the construction sector. In addition to this, the individual should have technical knowledge of construction, good time management and a team player with the end goal of securing profitable projects/ schemes for the business
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.