£65k - 80k per year + Car/Allowance + Package
4 months ago
Senior (Lead) Estimator
Up To £80,000 salary + car / allowance and package
Our client, an amtious fast growing SME Property Services Contractor are looking for a Lead Estimator. The role is to support growing the business unit, prepare and produce accurate cost estimates from receipt of Tender enquiry to Tender Settlement stage so as to achieve the Company’s Business Plan targets.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility and accountability for the estimating function within the Property Services (Housing Refurbishment and Planned Maintenance) business reporting to Director level
- To manage the Estimating process for the Group businesses to ensure work is undertaken to qualitative performance standards and in a timely manner, to ensure consistently accurate estimates to meet or exceed the business goals.
- To mentor trainee estimator and conduct relevant 1:1’s and appraisals
- To plan and organise the work to ensure at all times that it meets timely and qualitative objectives.
- To ensure that the Company policies and procedures for the business are followed.
- To provide advice and support to Estimating team/business wide as appropriate.
- Review jobs to strengthen the bid process and taking advantage of any competitive edge.
- Take ownership for the timely processing of Subcontractors enquiries liaising with supply chain team.
- Evaluating of Subcontractors quotations and producing competitive costs for packages where quotations are
- Regularly review of supply chain performance and taking any action required regarding discrepancies.
- Ensure that the tender risks in relation to all contracts are correctly identified and accounted for, and review lost tenders to see why, how and where improvements can be made.
- Encourage and develop the competent use of data spreadsheets and databases in order to maximise the efficient sourcing and collection of data to enable the production of accurate cost estimates to time.
- Measurement and preparation of accurate quantities from appropriate Supply Chain Partners in order to ensure maximum competitive edge with a view to supporting maximum tender success.
- Ensure tender internal handover process is followed and ensure that pricing levels support the business goals.
- Meet and liaise regularly with Line Management and Heads of Business Units for regular reviews and updates
- Ensure that all Estimating documents and procedures are followed and implemented where necessary
- Liaise very regularly with Senior team with regards to workload, holidays, procedures and business targets
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.