£45k - 55k per year + bonus + bens
11 days ago
Senior Building Surveyor
THE ROLE: A fantastic position has arisen for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor (MRICS/MCIOB) to join a growing Building Surveying team based in South East London. This position provides the right candidate with an exciting career opportunity. This position involves undertaking broad surveying duties for public sector and social housing clients.
For example, high profile Decent Homes projects as well as some impressive refurbishment and alteration projects working on various housing and school projects. The candidate will be expected to drive the projects forward in a proactive manner, be a team player, focused on excellence in service delivery and communications with Clients and Contractors alike, be extremely organised, personable and a keen attention to detail. Fire regs experience would be advantageous.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to become a valuable member of a building surveying department working on various projects. For the right candidate it provides scope to progress within a growing Private Practice. Day-to-day Responsibilities include:-
- · Undertaking surveys, preparing feasibility reports, writing specifications, chairing project progress meetings and thereafter preparing minutes and progress reports.
- · Seeking instructions from the Client in relation to the contract, administrating change control procedures and issuing instructions such as variations, or relating to provisional sums or making good defects. · Co-ordinate and instruct site inspectors, agree defects reporting procedures, collate and issue schedules of defects as necessary and issue certificates of making good defects.
- · Ensure all project documentation is issued to the Client. REQUIREMENTS: · Be a member of RICS (MRICS) or be working towards their APC.
- · Strong interpersonal skills with colleagues, Clients and members of the public.
- · Good IT skills and a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- · Experience in various forms of construction.
- · Some experience of working in the social housing sector would be advantageous.
- · Knowledge of refurbishment, particularly roof re-covering, window replacement, concrete and brickwork repairs, kitchen and bathroom replacement.
Our client is a Multi-Discipline Construction Consultancy offering Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Project Management, Architecture, Employer's Agent, Health, Safety and Environmental Services (including Principal Designer role). Having enjoyed many successful years, they are well placed to offer sound, professional and reliable advice to a broad range of Clients across the UK. An award-winning consultancy and can justifiably claim to be a well-established and highly respected Practice. An Equal Opportunities Employer and support Employees future development and progression within the Company.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Danny on 07756 401156 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.