£40k - 55k per year + bonus + bens
10 months ago
We are seeking a BUILDING SURVEYOR / ARCHITECT / PRINCIPAL DESIGNER, for our client, an independent building and property consultancy based in Sussex. An exciting opportunity to join a thriving practice with opportunities for progression. Responsibilities will include:
- Site surveys.
- Preparation of Existing Building Plans, Elevations and Sections.
- Feasibility Reports
- Submission of Planning and Building Control Applications.
- Preparation of Specification of Works (using NBS).
- Principal Designer and Contract Administrator.
- Project and Cost Management.
- Schedules of Condition and Dilapidations.
- Party Wall Awards.
- Senior level Building Surveying and Architectural services to Clients.
- Ensure duties are undertaken in accordance with RICS / RIBA recommended guidelines.
- Attend regularly (weekly) meetings to review current Projects.
- Ensure work is completed within acceptable and agreed timescales.
- Attend regular CPD seminars and events and ensure compliance with all required Professional codes of conduct.
- Keep up to date with all current practices, standards and legislation within the profession.
- Prepare fee proposals in accordance with agreed company fee scales and ensure clients confirmation of instructions are in place prior to proceeding with work.
You will also look to assist the growth of the practice with business generation including:
- Help with business generation tasks (Brighton and London offices).
- Attend events as required for Business Development.
- Maintain contact and obtain feedback as required by key clients
- Provide regular reports on marketing, and review business generation plans to maximise business development.
- Attend regular business development meetings with internal and external marketing personnel as appointed.
- Keep abreast of any opportunities available to the company and make appropriate approaches in this regard.
- Encourage business generation amongst all fee earners and other staff.
- Provide innovative practical ideas for securing new business to the organisation
- Help set realistic targets for fee earning to the business and to balance this with individual surveyors' fee targets.
This is an excellent opportunity and the for the right candidate, a highly competitive package is on offer. For a confidential discussion please contact at Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07756 401156
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.