£20k - 22.7k per year + Pension, Health care
17 days ago
We are currently looking for a security officer to work for a client of ours based near Covent Garden. This is a temp to perm position which will be full time working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday on a rotated shift pattern. This is a really exciting opportunity to work client direct and has some great benefits.
• To ensure the safety and the security of members, staff, tenants, and visitors and guests.
• To maintain accurate records, both in note books and as official incident reports, including any incident reporting software, and to take appropriate action to handle and contain incidents sensitively.
• To respond to all alarm activations including fire, access control, intruder and panic alarms and assist in the effective evacuation of the building in any emergency.
• To provide a high profile security operation and presence for the building in the Front Hall, at an entrance or by patrolling at specified intervals the clock points both within the building and around the perimeter of the outside of the building.
• To ensure rooms and doors are locked/unlocked.
• To issue and recover security passes for visitors.
• To give advice and directions to visitors to the building when necessary.
• To develop and maintain good working relationships with external authorities (including emergency services) to ensure their continuing support, understanding and assistance.
• To check and record items and deliveries leaving the building.
• To receive mail, but to carefully examine suspicious, unusual envelopes, packages or parcels, advising relevant Line Manager accordingly and contacting the relevant authority as required.
• To undertake random baggage searches as required.
• To handle telephone calls to the building outside the normal hours of operation of the switchboard.
• To collect and log any items of lost property.
• To turn off the lights in all rooms which are not being used.
• To ensure that all pertinent administrative systems are maintained.
• To render First Aid treatment/advice as necessary, and keep up-to-date with training.
• To carry out any other associated duties as required.
• To use a two–way radio and be available for call-out in an emergency.
• To report anything suspicious or any unusual behaviour to relevant Line Manager.
• To understand and follow Security Standing Orders and Assignment Instructions.
• To act in such a way as to ensure the health and safety and welfare of oneself and others.
• To be smartly dressed in the required uniform and to wear other security clothes as required.
Essential/ Must have skills:
- A current SIA Manned Guarding Licence/Door Supervision.
- A current SIA CCTV license
- 5 Year verifiable work record
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- An excellent level of physical fitness to be able to perform patrol and emergency response duties efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of the job and safe working practices (HASAW).
- Flexibility and self-motivation with good organisation skills, ability to work with little direct supervision and to prioritise tasks if necessary on a daily basis.
- The ability, tact and diplomacy to deal with people including our client, the client’s staff and visitors in all circumstances including emergencies and other times of stress.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Previous experience working in a historic or listed building and/ or a private members environment
- Qualified first aider
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.