£34k - 38k per year
5 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a competent Security Manager to organize and oversee all security operations across our large site. The Security Manager will have overall responsibility for the management, monitoring and co-ordination of the security operation. As security manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. The Security Manager will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. You will have a team under your responsibility, so you must also exhibit strong leadership skills. The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
- Effectively manage the security operations ensuring the security team is always working in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Head of Building Services and the Building Services team are kept fully briefed and updated regarding any staffing and or security / post room related issues affecting the premises.
- Maintain and control training, ad-hoc hours, uniform, and holiday requests.
- Manage and deliver daily/weekly team briefings, and be a mentor to all security teams, including having regular one to one meeting to evaluate staff welfare and job satisfaction including conducting annual staff appraisals and arrange identified training and development as appropriate, documenting discussions and liaising with HR department as necessary.
- Ensure the team delivers high standards of customer service by monitoring operational performance against key performance indicators monthly, in line with contract requirements.
- Contribute to Major Incident and Business Continuity Planning including participating in site organised exercises and help to disseminate emergency procedures to all teams.
- Randomly check patrols are being completed and recorded in-line with contract requirements including the recording and timely completion of incident reports (investigating further as necessary all reported incidents). Check that the daily occurrence logbook is being completed and maintained in accordance with procedures.
- Prepare monthly management information reports and attend monthly contractor meetings and any other meetings as necessary both internally and with external stakeholders.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of security hardware and software systems used within the industry, and therefore, have oversight of the card access control system, CCTV, and intruder alarm systems. Always ensure the smooth operation of these systems, to include arranging for regular audits to check on functionality including ensuring that all equipment is installed in accordance with industry guidelines and maintained in line with agreed maintenance contracts.
- SIA Door Supervisor & CCTV Licence required.
- Relevant vocational/professional qualification in Security Management.
- Risk Management, General Leadership or Management.
- First Aid Certificate
- IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate is desirable
- Public-facing buildings
- Health & Safety legislation and security procedures
- The ability to read technical drawings and plans
- Good knowledge of fire safety legislation
- High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite
- Proven experience working as Security Manager or similar position at a comparable high-profile, public-facing organisation.
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV, radio systems, access control systems, intruder alarm systems.)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning.
- Experience of security protocols and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and outlook
- Exposure to a relevant sector would be preferred (Museum, Gallery, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction, Heritage Destination or Tourism Development).
- An understanding of Japanese culture would be an advantage.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.