£42k per year
020 3176 4790
6 months ago
My client is recruiting security specialist engineer for a static site in South London. The main purpose of the security engineer is To take ownership of sites security and other critical systems, providing site management with system and equipment status updates. To undertake and arrange all planned and reactive maintenance. To advise on and manage system upgrades. To undertake technical surveys as required. To fully maintain technical and operational documentation associated with these systems. To support the maintenance of electrical services and general building services across the site to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks as required.
● To be accountable for the maintenance, installation and repair of security and other critical systems within the prison establishment in line with the sites maintenance requirements and requirement of the security systems operations technical manual. Systems include but are not limited to: CCTV, Fire, Pids, Electric Lockin, Access control, Biometrics, Tamper Alarms, Equipment related UPS, Heart Beat System, Key Tagging, Night Pegging, X-Ray Equipment, Traka
key management system, Cell Call System and General Alarms
● To support projects associated with security and specialist systems including providing projects with technical support and directly managing some project works
● To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services
levels at all times
● To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out,
undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management
● To take accountability for electrical and general reactive maintenance within the
prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
Skills & Abilities:
Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical
Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or
national Certificate in Electrical and Electronic
engineering or equivalent.
● Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements For Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
● BTEC Level 3 or above CCTV Maintenance qualification
● BTEC Level 3 Fire Alarm Maintenance qualification
● BTEC Level 3 Advanced CCTV Networking qualification
● Excellent organisational skills / Time management /Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
● Strong communication skills
● Computer literate and ability to pick up new systems
● Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
● Very good technical problem solving skills
If you have the correct qualifications for this role please apply online and I will be in touch if you are shortlisted.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.