Sales & Business Development
£58k - 65k per year + Car Allowance, Commission and package
about 2 months ago
Position: Roofing Business Development Manager
Sector: Construction- Roofing and Waterproofing
Salary: £58000-£65000+ Commission + Benefits
Location: Southern Home Counties
My client, one of the leading companies in waterproofing and roofing systems, are on the look for a Roofing Business Development Manager to join the business due to continuous growth.
- To ensure that you fully understand and can fully comply with the Company’s core values, culture and health and safety practices across the Group.
- That you are fully conversant with the organisation’s Business Plan and key strategic objectives which should form part of your planning and deliverables in your day–to–day responsibilities.
- In your role as a New Build Specialist to provide Technical support and commercial guidance
- Create and review the Company’s technical data and operating procedures relating to new-build systems and products with regard to health and safety in material handling, distribution, storage and on-site application. Ensure COSHH data sheets are fully up to date and that risk assessments concerning such matters are regularly reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure compliance.
- To develop and implement a quality driven technical performance, design and installation standard for the New-Build waterproofing systems and ancillary products and ensure that such a standard becomes the operating norm within the business.
- Through the use of the Company’s SpecWriter system and/or NBS create an adaptable specification template to reflect operational and design standards to generate compliant new-build waterproofing systems for all roofing, podium and balcony/walkway applications. Regularly review template clauses and standards to ensure they are in line with industry best practice and regulatory requirements.
- To constantly review and improve the Company’s internal checking procedures in respect of the quality of New-Build Specifications. That specifications meet the defined Company ‘standard’, are appropriate to the roof in question, subject to survey notes/design brief, and meet regulatory and safety standards in terms of design and application.
- To develop and implement and regularly review an internal Construction (Design) Management [CDM] process governing the safe design and application of the Company’s waterproofing systems. To ensure designs are properly checked and signed-off before being externally issued.
- To ensure you are fully conversant with the Company’s products, technical applications and their relevance to the guarantee scheme offered by the Company. To attend product training as necessary to ensure familiarity with new products.
- To create and implement Service Level Agreements with key supply chain partners incorporating an assessment matrix weighted in favour of sustainability, health and safety and quality and carry out regular performance reviews against the SLA and relative to Company purchases, commitment and overall engagement.
- Keep Company Directors appraised of potential supply chain risk factors around key manufacturing component shortages, potential price increases and industry and client trends and preferences that may impact on the promotion of the Company’s products and systems and advise on potential actions to take in line with the Company’s strategic objectives.
- To liaise with the Managing Director to ensure you understand your objectives and goals.
- To provide regular technical training to the Sales and Technical Team, either on an individual basis or as a group.
- As part of your role you may need to make yourself available for Foreign Travel. As such you must be in possession of a valid passport.
- To conduct yourself appropriately when representing the Company whether in a professional or sociable environment.
Experience and skills
- Relevant experience in a technical related environment or similar where service delivery is paramount
- Experience of managing a team of staff and allocation of their workload
- Experience of working in the flat roofing industry with a technical knowledge of primary waterproofing systems
- Experience of installing flat roofing systems
- Experience of maintaining and developing customer and contractor relationships
- Experience of producing and checking others written literature
- Experience of working as part of a team and working as a lone worker
- Experience of working to deadlines and achieving KPI targets
- Experience of maintaining quality systems
- Experience with CAD, NBS and BIM objects
- Experience of database systems
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles then please do not hesitate to get in touch
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.