£24k per year
16 days ago
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment - from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester, and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a housing association who are looking for a Multi Trader based in Manchester.
£23'361 - £25'418 / per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Roofer in the Property Services team. Reporting to one of the Assistant Manager's, the main responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Carry out multiple trade duties for the property services team to client's specifications and standards.
- Carry our first and second and final fix works and associated building works to specification instructed either individually or as part of a team.
- Work to specification as instructed either individually or as part of a team.
- To work in accordance with the information, instruction and training given safely and efficiently and to inform management of any potential safety hazards not adequately controlled.
- Complete timesheets and other relevant documentation to the satisfaction of your line manager.
- Use only authorised equipment provided following all relevant Health and Safety guidance.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely and correctly.
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Work flexibly across all areas of property services.
- Have flexibility to work alongside contractors at occupied domestic property's
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers, and managers to ensure the effectiveness of the property services department.
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work considering other people's health and wellbeing.
- Take part in the review process and complete any training required.
- Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment.
Confident Communicator and able to deal with problems.
Good communication and customer service skills.
Ability to understand and follow instructions.
Ability to work as part of a team and support colleagues.
Ability to maintain confidentiality where necessary.
Able to be flexible in work activities, location and hours of work.
Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter.
Ability to work to deadlines.
Proven practical application in a similar environment.
Ability to work independently and within a team.
Roofing knowledge in a similar environment desirable.
A valid driving licence and access to a car is also essential for this role as some driving is required in the role.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.