£32,523 per year + Van & fuel card
5 months ago
Roofer - Responsive Repairs
Contract type: Permanent 40 hours per week
Salary: £32,500.00 - £32,800.00
We are the UK’s largest housing association, owning and managing 125,000 homes:
An opportunity has arisen to join our maintenance team in Orpington. We are looking for an experienced Roofers for day to day repairs
You will be given a van and fuel card and Power tools. It is essential to have a driving license to carry out this role
We will expect you to have effective communication skills, have experience of working in a building and/or housing maintenance environment including a knowledge of a varied housing stock.
Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance and as a first line of contact to our residents we expect you to have outstanding customer service and ability to deliver a right first time service. Limiting follow ons and increasing satisfaction.
Our core hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. There is the opportunity to earn more from call outs and out of hours service.
To be considered for this role candidates will require/be:
- Sound working trade knowledge and experience
- Experience gained within a Maintenance, site and or Housing environment
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
- Right first-time approach
- Health and Safety Conscious
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Wide range of Multi trade skills
- Able to use a PDA
- Van, Fuel Card, PDA
- Makita Power tools
- Holiday starts at 33 days per year (Including bank holidays) and rises to 27 days after 5 years full service
- Overtime (time and half evenings and double weekends)
- Sick Pay
- Annual bonus, staff can receive a bonus dependent upon organisational and team performance
- Additions flexible benefits package. All staff are provided with an amount equivalent to 1% of their salary to spend on other benefits. Staff can select from a range of benefits including life assurance, critical illness cover, financial reviews, health cash plan, health screening, private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare assistance, gym membership, cycle to work, travel insurance, restaurant card and much more. Staff can also top up this account by contributing from their salary.
- Defined Contribution pension scheme provided by the Flexible Retirement Plan, Defined Contribution Scheme (FRP DC) - minimum employee contribution of 3% and employer 2%. If you opt to contribute more than the minimum we will match the rate up to 6%
- Comprehensive training and opportunities for personal development and promotion
- Family friendly work practices
- Volunteering day - A day each year to spend volunteering for your chosen charity
- Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Interest free loans for travel, training and ‘bring your own’ devices
- Shared parental & adoption benefit
- Paternity and maternity benefits
If you're a reliable, experienced Roofer who can deliver excellent quality work and first class customer service we want to hear from you!
Please apply with your CV or contact Cheri Bulmer.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.