£25k - 26k per year
020 3176 4790
4 months ago
Resident / Tenant Liaison Officer - Planned Maintenance
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 17:00pm
Salary: £25K + Vehicle
An excellent opportunity has come up for an experienced and customer focused Resident Liaison Officer to join a leading Social Housing contractor focusing on Planned maintenance projects.
The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills as they will be required to regularly communicate between the site team, residents and the clients.
The ideal Resident Liaison Officer would have previously worked for a main contractor involved in social housing /decent homes schemes and be familiar with internal refurbishments (kitchen & bathrooms).
Main Duties / Accountability
- Develop effective working relationships with client representatives including housing department to reduce duplication and ensure consistency of information and approach keeping tenants fully informed with regard to the programme.
- Assessing where high risk/vulnerable residents are present and ensuring Site Manager (SM) tailors works according to the risk level.
- Visit each resident prior to work commencing to introduce and communicate the scope of works.
- Establish resident's individual requirements by carrying out an initial resident profile, documenting any points discussed and tailoring individual communication plans accordingly. Work with site staff to implement effective practices.
- Carry out a property condition survey and appliance survey with photographs with the Resident before works start in the home.
- Create and maintain plot files (both paper and electronic).
- Liaise with site management staff to enable the flow of information between all parties.
- Where appropriate, consult with resident representatives and groups, arranging meetings to communicate the programme, get feedback and discuss any other locally significant issues with Senior Resident Liaison Officer and Community Investment Team.
- Arrange appointment for surveys and works.
- Ensure letters are sent out confirming all survey and work dates.
- Manage complaints in line with our complaint's procedure.
- Distribute high quality, easy to understand communication materials as requested
- Participate in Project Management meetings as required.
- Community Initiatives and awareness i.e. Newsletters / safety competitions etc by working alongside Senior RLO and Community Investment Team.
- To provide aftercare packs and instruct on new installations.
- Observe site Health & Safety rules and ensure any risks and near misses are reported immediately to the site manager
- Arrange satisfaction surveys for all residents, collating responses and work with Senior RLO to use feedback to improve our service.
- Any other reasonable management request as agreed with Senior RLO.
Experience / Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a resident liaison experience on decent homes project
- Ideally experience working on kitchen and bathroom scheme
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within guidelines
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.