£25k per year
5 months ago
Repairs Planner / Scheduler
Immediate Start / 8am - 5pm / Monday - Friday / 1 hour lunch
F/P: Full Time / 6 Month FTC
About the Role
To manage the future schedule of appointments. Work with clients, customers, sub-contractors, suppliers and supervisors to schedule appointments and make promises that you know we can keep.
- Take ownership and responsibility for identifying the customer's needs and use appropriate questioning, listening and diagnosis skills to identify the issues and offer appropriate solutions.
- Take ownership of the forward schedule to ensure that future jobs are appointed in a way that will meet our contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs), the customer's preferences and Operational constraints (i.e. make a promise to the customer that you are confident we can meet).
- Take ownership for and manage unscheduled jobs.
- Effective use of the system to actively schedule available Operatives and Sub-Contractors to jobs.
- Deal with complex repairs, demanding customers and those who have suffered service failure, to contain issues and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the jobs allocated to Sub-contractors to ensure the customer receives the same level of service as they would if a operative was delivering the work.
- Work with the Commercial team and Operatives to ensure materials are ordered and collected from suppliers promptly and work is planned to ensure we can provide a first time fix to residents wherever possible.
- Handling calls and emails from the client to log issues, deploy Operatives and monitor completion of the work, providing updates at regular intervals.
- Ensure that the system is updated in a timely manner so that the client and the Operations are in receipt of the most up to date information.
- Ensure the scheduling process is delivering maximum productivity.
- Where first time fix is not possible, manage the effective scheduling of follow-on works
- Understand the case workload and alert the Team Leader to issues requiring intervention.
- Understand the contractual KPI's, then plan, allocate and operate to exceed client expectations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Operatives, clients, customers (internal and external) and suppliers
- Take a strategic view of demand (jobs being raised) and the supply of resources (Operative and Sub-Contractor skill mix) and make recommendations to the Partnership Manager and Supervisors about optimising the available resource mix.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset and proactively seek ways to improve the way you and Morgan Sindall operates and serves its customers
- Good working knowledge of the IT packages: Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good knowledge of repairs and maintenance sector or trade based background
- Good problem solving skills
- Proactive, and able to multi task
- Good attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
The following behaviour principles are important to this role:
- Put customers first
- Do the right thing
- Are passionate about what we do
- Grow together
- Strive to be sustainable
23 days holiday plus bank holidays, company uniform, pension plan, accident cover, life assurance, training and development, funded professional subscription, share save, Work Perks discount and offer scheme,extensive wellbeing benefits and resources including online advice, guides, counselling support, 24hr digital GP, cycle to work, eye care vouchers ,paid voluntary work,enhanced family polices and we will accommodate requests for flexible working where possible.
If you are interested - please apply ASAP with your most recent CV and someone from the team will be in contact.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.