£25.5k - 29.5k per year + package
7 months ago
Our client, a large housing contractor are currently looking for an experienced repairs officer to join their team. This is an excellent permanent opportunity offering a salary of £25,000 - £29,000 dependant on experience. This is a repairs officers role where you will be working within the housing sector on reactive maintenance and void housing projects.
- Attend project meetings
- Collate project documentation and ensure that it remains compliant to project governance.
- Work closely with contractors to provide excellent service
- Work within the partnership framework to deliver the best service possible for our customers
- Deliver a responsive repair and (void) inspection service for residents and dwellings across the business, to include Care and Support customers, based on the technical, contractual, commercial and customer priorities
- Undertake technical inspections to establish the cause of repeated defects and make recommendations for improving performance
- Assist with pre and post inspections including supporting Legal team, stakeholders, C&S and service users
- Diagnose faults and specify works across the entire housing stock required using the contractual framework & obtain competitive prices where term agreements are not in place.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of health and safety for all elements of the repairs and void service, including ACM management, CDM, etc. this includes effective management of the contractor to comply with health & safety law, guidance & good practice.
- Assist managing emergency work alongside the RM to resolve such matters in collaboration with related departments, including Out of Hours.
- Assist the Planned and Programmed team to deliver the programs of work by way of identifying key areas of investment within the housing stock to reduce reactive repair spend and improve sustainability of voids. This will include on site pre and post inspections.
- Work with development colleagues during the building, completion and defect rectification periods on new schemes including receiving the handover of sites after the defects period.
To apply for this role you must have the following;
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Project and Word
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- High level of technical knowledge and diagnosis skills in a maintenance environment including specialism such as C&S.
- Relevant repairs officer experience in the housing sector
This is an excellent permanent opportunity with a highly reputable business. The successful candidate will be required to start within a months notice.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.