£20k - 25k per year
5 months ago
Repairs Administrator (Building Maintenance & Repairs)
This position requires good customer service skills and good organisational skills. You will be responsible for the general day to day administrative duties as well some planning of the operatives diaries.
Each day you will receive calls from tenants within social housing properties, as well as the client, regarding repairs and maintenance issues they have within their properties. As the jobs come in, you will allocate these to the correct engineers/operatives and manage the process going forward.
The following are some of the duties you will complete:
- Take incoming calls from tenants and local authorities regarding the repairs and maintenance issues on their properties
- Book and change appointments with the tenants and engineers
- Update/maintain job tracker
- Allocate the jobs to the relevant engineers/change appointments
- Give accurate estimations on timeframes in which the works need to be carried out
- Manage the operative’s diaries and chase to make sure all jobs are being completed
- Action engineer’s timesheets/holidays
- Scheduling follow up works
- Liaise with the internal department
- Liaising with suppliers for prompt delivery of parts
- Producing daily and weekly reports
- Opening and reading mail and taking relevant actions where appropriate.
- General typing.
- Composing and sending routine correspondence
- Answering the telephone and dealing with routine enquiries.
- Co-ordinating and managing the diary of the team if required.
- Organising itineraries and other bookings.
- Receiving guests/visitors and co-ordinating meeting requirements as necessary.
- Creating and maintaining information on systems and databases
- Creating and maintaining efficient filing systems.
- Additional projects as required
You will ideally have worked within a similar position and have experience working within the social housing sector. Experience with all Microsoft Office Packages including outlook diary management is highly advantageous. Experience working with systems such as Northgate, DRS, Opti-time, Orchard, Impact or similar is desired but not essential.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.